A few quick points while buying property:
- Check for all the legal pre-qualifications and due diligence mentioned earlier.
- Choose a builder who has a previous track record
- Ask how many million square feet he has already constructed and how many projects are underway
- Check out his past track record for time delivery
- If public listed, check out balance sheet and quarterly reports to see how the company has been faring financially
- Check if the project you are interested in is a Joint Venture. If so, check out the JV partner as well and the details of the JV.
- Also, check the neighborhood market and features and rates in the vicinity of other re-sale property. Once you benchmark a property on the corridor you will be able to decide if the price asked for is justified